Ever fancied scuba diving......?
Enjoy and discover the underwater wonders and delights that lie beneath the waves of the Jurassic Coast which surrounds Portland, Weymouth and beyond.......
Jurassic Divers are a new welcoming diving club which are affiliated to the British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) – the governing body of UK diving, based locally at Portland Marina in the heart of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
The Jurassic coast offers a wide opportunity for diving, with fantastic underwater scenery and colourful reefs which include rare Pink Fan Coral, there is estimated to have been 1000 or more shipwrecks dating back to the Elizabethan period to the more recent, which lie beneath the waves, with the advancement in technology you are able to record and photograph your every movement.
We offer varied levels of dives suited to your qualification from novice to the more experienced diver, along the south coast of Dorset & Devon, and other UK sites, including diving abroad.
Our Club meets at Aqua Wreck Bar located within the Hotel Aqua at Castletown, Portland DT5 1BD.
We currently meet up on the first Wednesday of every month at 19.30 for an open discussion and like-minded conversation.
We welcome divers from all organisations to join our club and dive with us on expeditions and holidays, guest divers are also welcome.
We are fortunate to have a shared pool time on evenings where we can provide training, skill development and try dives….
• BSAC Ocean Diver (entry level) syllabus training is only £275 including BSAC and Jurassic Divers membership.
• Midweek evening Hard-boat trips are planned from March to October.
• Weekend shore, RHIB diving and Hard-boat trips are available for divers of all levels.
• We offer Try dives from £15 per person.
• Crossovers from other diving organisations.
• Affiliations to other diving clubs.
For further information contact our club secretary on 01305 871 189 or email :